An Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) lays the foundation for future learning and growth in any pathway: workplace, apprenticeship, college or university.
Ontario Virtual School (OVS) is an Ontario Ministry of Education accredited online private high school. OVS offers students in Canada and abroad the opportunity to earn an an OSSD entirely online. OVS students can complete their credits online from anywhere around the world. The OSSD earned at OVS is equivalent to an OSSD earned through a publicly funded secondary day school.
The following requirements must be successfully completed in order to obtain an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD):
- Successful completion of 30 credits, including 18 compulsory and 12 optional*
- Earn at least two Online Learning Credits.
- 40 hours of community involvement (CIH)
- Successful completion of EQAO’s Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) or the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Course (OSSLC)*
- There is a minimum enrollment period that students must meet in order to graduate with OVS. Please contact our office for more details.