Ontario Virtual School (OVS) is seeking ten (10) energetic and motivated course developers who are OCT certified with qualifications in International Languages.
Course developers will work closely with the Director of Program Development of OVS to support the creation of dynamic, interactive and engaging course materials for the following Level 3 University Preparation International Languages courses:
OVS is also seeking Course Developers for the following Religious Studies Courses :
|Discipleship and Culture||HRE1O|
|Christ and Culture||HRE2O|
|Faith and Culture: World Religions||HRF3O|
|Church and Culture||HRE4O|
|Church and Culture||HRE4M|
- Identify, design, and develop appropriate learning materials for technology mediated learning;
- Create fully online asynchronous course, including navigation, assessments, text and visual content etc.;
- Complete course creation within a 4-6-month timeframe;
- Implement the principles of Universal Design for Learning as outlined in Learning for All (Ontario Ministry of Education, 2013) during development of materials;
- Maintain alignment of all teaching materials with the course document Classical Studies and International Languages (Ontario Ministry of Education, 2016);
- Ensure all materials are AODA and WCAG compliant and follow copyright law.
- Potentially teach the course once it has been created.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of current theories and practices in post-secondary teaching;
- Ability to effectively design, develop and integrate technology to meet curricular needs;
- Demonstrated skill and good judgment in selection of appropriate teaching materials;
- The ability to produce quality written documentation;
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills;
- Have OCT certification with qualifications in International Languages;
- Experience teaching the course is an asset.
Apply directly to OVS Principal Gary Michael at
You must include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter prominently displaying your OCT #
- The name and code of the course you are applying to develop
- Your most recent TPA (Teacher Performance Appraisal) or teacher candidate evaluation
- Two professional references (your permission to contact is understood). Include the phone number, e-mail address and current position for each reference. At least one reference must be from your most recent supervising administrator.
- A 4-slide PowerPoint targeted at delivering the language at the appropriate level.
OVS will provide additional technical training for the course development.
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.